Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Panini night!

Tonight I pulled out the panini grill to use up the last of the bread left over from my dinner party this past saturday. Panini's are a great way to use day old bread, or in my case 3 day old bread. I made grilled veggie paninis and they turned out great. Just warm up your panini grill and slice some veggies lengthwise in strips. I used zuchini, summer squash, and red peppers. I brushed the panini grill with a little olive olive and put the veggies right in with a little salt and pepper on each side of them. After they had some nice grill marks on them and were fork tender I took them off of the grill. Next I sliced up the bread and spread each side of the bread with part-skin ricotta cheese and sprinkled on some parmesean a small amount of sea salt, and some pepper. Then I layered the veggies on one side with a few leaves of fresh basil and put the tops on and put them right into the panini grill. Keep them in the grill til brown and crispy and enjoy. I served these with some tomato soup on the side. (my husband, daughter, and I had them this way, my younger sons had the soup and just turkey and cheese in their sandwhiches) It was tasty and satisfying and I officially used all of my left overs!! Hooray!

Happy Wednesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment